EFFECTIVE DATE: June 1, 2011
- WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY OUR WEBSITE.
- GENERAL. MyOwnEulogy.com collects two basic types of information through Our Services. We gather personally identifiable information, which will identify an individual (“Personal Information”) and non-personally identifiable information, which includes aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal a person’s specific identity (“Non-Personal Information”)
- Personal Information. It is not necessary to provide Personal Information to use the site. Although, You will need to provide certain Personal Information to use various Services on Our Web site. For example, when you sign up with MyOwnEulogy.com, You create a personal account, tied directly to Your personal email address and Your name, used for uploading, storing, and identifying Your eulogy video. You may wish to begin a VIP Membership. In order to do so, We may need to receive Paypal account information and transmissions from Your Paypal account. Email invitations and/or correspondence may be made from Our Web site as well. As such, individuals You invite and/or correspond with may be added to Your account for easy access at a later date.
- Non-Personal Information. Upon visiting and interacting with MyOwnEulogy.com and Our Services, We may collect and record Non-Personal Information, including:
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address - IP addresses may be collected so We may better serve You by understanding from where our visitors are originating. This is a numeric code and address which enables identification of a given computer connected to the Internet. This code can often identify the country, state and city from which Your computer is connecting to the Internet. Your IP address transmits whenever You communicate online or surf the Web so that the content at which You are looking and the people You are communicating with can find Your computer on the network.
- Browser type, version, and operating system - Knowing the browsers (e.g Firefox 3.5.3 or Internet Explorer 7) and operating systems (e.g. Mac OS X, Opera, Safari, Windows Vista) used by Our visitors helps Us optimize the display and delivery of Our site for visitors accessing it from differing software platforms.
- Screen Size - Knowledge of this allows Us to optimize the display and delivery of Our site for visitors.
- Technologies supported by Your browser for software such as Java, Adobe Flash, Adobe Director, and Adobe PDF, and the audio formats supported by Your browser for RealPlayer, QuickTime, and Windows Media Player - Knowing the formats supported by visitors’ browsers helps Us optimize the content on Our site for visitors accessing it with different browser configurations.
- URL of the page that directed you to Our site - If you arrive at Our Web site through a link on another Web site - a blog, newspaper article, or search engine, for example - our Web server will record the address of the Web page that referred You to our site. If You arrive at our Web site by clicking on a search result returned by a search engine, Our server will record the search terms that You used.
- Whether You have bookmarked our Web site on Your Web browser.
- The Web pages within Our site that you visit, the Web page You visit first on Our site (the entry page), and the Web page You visit last on Our site (the exit page).
- Bandwidth used - The total number of bytes downloaded when You browse our site.
- Amount of time You spend during a visit to our site.
- Time and date of Your site visit.
- HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION. The following are ways We may use Personal Information:
- Finalize Membership. We will use Personal Information to finalize payments for the purpose of benefiting from VIP Membership to MyOwnEulogy.com.
- Contests. Through our Monthly contests we may request Personal Information. This is necessary to participate in our voluntary contests. We us this information to identify submissions, notify winners and complete a prize transfer. We do not share this information with third-parties for direct marketing purposes.
- Administrative Communications. We may need to send service announcements to You using your email address. This use is necessary to perform maintenance and inform You of necessary changes to Our service or your account. You may not unsubscribe from these.
- Miscellaneous Communications. We may notify You of additions or changes to Our service, or other communications that enhance Your experience. We may also send third party information to You after thoroughly reviewing the information. You may unsubscribe from these notifications by taking the appropriate steps outlined in the enclosed Opt-Out section below.
- Comments to Videos. We may offer You the option, and You may choose to place comments, appreciation or otherwise suggestions upon another’s video. Any information You share is public information.
- Customer Service. By sending Us an electronic mail message You may be sending us personally-identifying information. In these cases, We may retain the information as long as necessary to respond to Your request or otherwise resolve the subject matter of Your e-mail. Please be aware that email is not necessarily secure from interception or misdirection. For Your own protection You may wish to communicate sensitive information using a method other than electronic mail, such as with the U.S. Postal Service.
- VIP Memberships. MyOwnEulogy.com provides two VIP Memberships, the VIP Annual Membership and VIP Infinite Membership, which allows individuals a private link to their videos in order to share with family and friends their eulogy (the “VIP Services”). By sharing the VIP Services link with family and friends You may use an email. The email may include information about special promotional offers from MyOwnEulogy.com and/or carefully-screened third parties. As the VIP Services holder changes, updates, adds, or otherwise manipulates his/her eulogy, the recipients initially sent the link, unless unsubscribed, will receive notifications of such changes.
- Address Books. All registered VIP Membership users of MyOwnEulogy.com will have an address book containing email addresses of family and friends.
- Note. Subject to You becoming a member, We do not use email addresses You use with your account for direct marketing purposes.
- NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may use Non-Personal Information for any purpose and reserve the right to share the non-identifying, Non-Personal Information with third parties. If combination of Non-Personal Information and Personal Information occurs, we will act as if it is Personal Information so long as it is combined.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATIONS. MyOwnEulogy.com also may share Personal Information with third parties for such third parties' direct marketing purposes. Such third parties to whom we transfer Personal Information for direct marketing purposes will handle, store, retain, use, share and access Personal Information in accordance with their own privacy policies. It is your responsibility to carefully review such terms and conditions and privacy policies, and MyOwnEulogy disclaims any and all liability relating thereto. If You would prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with such third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may submit an opt-out request as described in the Opt-Out section below.
- LAW AND HARM. We may disclose your information if We believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request, as well as to protect other’s safety. We may also disclose Your information to address fraud, security or technical issues, as well as to protect MyOwnEulogy.com’s rights or property.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. You may provide Us with additional information to make public, such as biographies, or your geographic location. From time-to-time You may also provide other personal information, as Our new Services may offer.
- PROTECTING YOUR VIDEO.
It is important for You to understand and note that MyOwnEulogy.com designed its site to allow You to either publicly post Your video, allowing anyone accessing the Web site to view the video, or through its VIP Services privately post videos. As such, if you post Your video on the public site, the videos are accessible and viewable by the general public.
- UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Please update Your account information from time to time. In order to help ensure privacy and prevent negative consequences, You may want to change your password. If You lose or forget your password, either Contact Us or use the online forms for retrieval.
No data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be 100% protected and secure. We strive to have reasonable security measures in place to help protect against misuse, alteration, loss or other negative consequence of information under our control. We in no way warrant the security of any information You transmit to Us through or in connection with Our Services or stored by Us. You understand, acknowledge and agree that any information You transmit through Our Services or upload for storage in connection with Our Services, is done so at Your own risk. Please immediately contact us if You believe any transmission with Us is compromised.
- PROTECTING THE PRIVACY OF CHILDREN.
Our Policy Towards Children:
Our Services are not directed to people under 13. If you become aware that Your child has provided us with personal information without Your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account. If You are under 13, do not register with MyOwnEulogy.com.
- THIRD PARTY SITES.
- JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES.
Those who choose to access the Services do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Services' availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction We choose, at any time and in Our sole discretion
- CONTACTING MYOWNEULOGY.COM
If You have concerns, comments or want to know what personal information we have about You, please contact Us at email@example.com for a disclosure of the information We have. You have the right to correct or delete information We may have concerning you. Contact the Feedback Page above. Our physical address is MyOwnEulogy.com, 4451 Hwy H, Leasburg MO 65535, if that better suits You.
By pressing the “submit” button, each visitor constitutes consent to use the information for purposes stated in this policy.
© Two Divas and a Dream, LLC